Human Resources & Training
Inspiring someone to be their best is no easy task. Just how do you manage for optimum performance? How do you create a motivating environment that encourages people to go beyond their best? This program will help you teach participants some ways of achieving those tasks.
- Tools to help employees set and achieve goals
- A three-phase model that will help participants prepare employees for peak performance, activate their inner motivation, and evaluate their skills
- Motivational tools and techniques. Coaching methods and skills
Good recruitment is vital for every organization - finding the right people for the right roles at the right time. It ensures that the workforce has the relevant skills and abilities for the organisation's current and future needs. Effective recruitment is not just about filling an immediate vacancy but about having an impact on longer-term issues, such as future skills development, organizational performance and employer brand.
- Analyze the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made
- Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees
- Prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets
- Develop a job analysis and position profile
- Use traditional, behavioral, achievement oriented, holistic, and situational (critical incident technique) interview questions
- Enhance their communication skills
- Effectively interview difficult applicants
- Check references more effectively
- Understand the basic employment and human rights laws that can affect the hiring process
This course provides employers, managers and employees an awareness of the laws and issues relating to harassment and discrimination in the workplace. It details the actions and responsibilities for avoiding discriminatory practices, associated with race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and physical or mental disability to create a workplace free of harassment and discrimination.
- Define harassment and discrimination
- Identify behaviors and examples that might be considered harassment or discrimination
- Explain the consequences of harassment and discrimination
- State what actions to take against harassment and discrimination
- Describe your role and responsibility in creating a workplace free of harassment and discrimination
- Explain how to prevent harassment and discrimination in the workplace
Training is not about being the subject matter expert. It’s important you know what you’re talking about however, it’s crucial you know who you’re speaking to. Getting your skill level into the heads and hands of the receiver of your message is your goal. Trainers need to develop a number of skills that will significantly enhance the delivery of the training session and will allow the trainer and trainee to be more comfortable and confident during the training session.
- Demonstrate training and facilitation techniques
- Train people using adult learning principles Identify four learning styles and adapt to their needs
- Demonstrate the skills used for effective training
- Develop an action plan to increase personal training skills