The process of giving and receiving constructive feedback is another important skill when working effectively. If done properly, productivity is increased and interpersonal relationships are enhanced. Stress is reduced and the work environment is healthy.
- Identify the benefits of giving feedback
- Identify how conflict plays a role in feedback
- List the six strategic steps of constructive feedback
- Learn how to deposit into the emotional bank account
Eighty-five percent of the working population leave their job, not because they don’t like their job, but because of inter-personal communication conflicts. Being consciously aware of your work style, you are more in tune to adapt to meet the needs of other people’s styles. One of the most effective ways to increase communication is to develop acceptability of individual work style differences.
- Identify personal work style
- Identify other people’s work style
- Communicate with vision, clarity and purpose
- Assess personal communication patterns
- Demonstrate the 5-step process for effective communication
We bring our own style of communication to the workplace. How can you be sure your style fits the situation? This workshop provides information and skills necessary for developing an assertive approach to interpersonal communication. Assertive behaviour is the most effective way to achieve our goals and enhance the self-esteem of both ourselves and those with whom we interact.
- Define passive, assertive, aggressive and passive-aggressive behaviour
- Identify the benefits of applying assertive skills
- Identify and implement strategies for improving assertive behaviours
- Demonstrate five types of assertive skills
- Develop an action plan to demonstrate assertiveness
The fear of doing presentation never really disappears, however we can learn some strategies for overcoming our fears. This workshop is designed to develop and enhance the skills necessary for effective presentations. Through planning, preparation, delivery and feedback, each participant will gain the confidence to deliver their message.
- Plan, organize and prepare an effective presentation
- Incorporate various motivating and attention-building techniques to develop rapport with the audience
- Avoid common problems with presentations
- Learn how to handle objections
- Prepare a presentation to appeal to adult learning styles
- Deliver a presentation with impact
Empathic listening goes beyond active listening. Many people don’t listen effectively because they are self-oriented instead of other-oriented. That means we focus on the words we are listening to, rather than the holistic style of listening.
- Identify the characteristics of an empathic listener
- Benefits of empathic listening
- Strategies to respond with empathy
- Identify and demonstrate how to reflect the content of interpersonal messages
- Interpret the challenges of non-verbal communication and make them work effectively
- Listen more than they speak, when appropriate